On November 1st, The Ohio Pork Producers Council & Ohio Farmers donated 10,000 pounds of pork to The Cleveland Foodbank!
If you missed it, here’s the announcement on WKYC Channel 3.
In honor of that donation, here are a couple of quick recipes for your next pork meal!
Recipe: Mini Meatloafs
- 2 lbs of ground pork
- 3/4 cup of crushed Zesta crackers (I use my mini processor)
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- Spray a muffin pan well with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together. Just use your hands!
- Keep using your hands and fill each muffin tin with the mixture almost to the top, but don’t overfill it.
- Take a little ketchup and spread over each meatloaf before you pop it into the oven.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 30-40 minutes
For a complete comfort meal serve with green beans and mashed potatoes.
- Using a spoon to pop the meatloafs out of the cups and place on a cooler rack to help them cool quicker.
- Once cool put them in labeled zip lock bags in meal size portions and freeze.
- To reheat either put in the microwave or in the oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
Recipe: Sausage Nacho Dip
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 8 oz jar salsa
- 8 oz Velvetta cheese, cubed
- Fry sausage and drain.
- Place ground pork into crock pot.
- Add salsa and cheese.
- Cover and mix for 45 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.